TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
We collect personal data (including where applicable sensitive personal data) you provide directly to us. This includes:
• your full name and contact information, passport and visa information;
• guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, your service preferences, telephone numbers dialed and email, faxes, telephone and other messages received;
• your credit card, mobile payment and other payment details;
• your membership information, account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation;
• any information necessary to fulfill special requests (leisure, travel and guest preferences);
• your reviews, feedback and opinions about our hotels, resorts, programs and services
• any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE SITE:
When you access or use the Mirage Bab Al Bahr Beach Resort & Hotel Site, we automatically collect personal data about you, including:
Log Information: We may collect system log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (such as, IP address, IMEI number, the address of the device's wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device) and mobile network information.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. You can turn off location services for a device at any time, but this may turn off some useful features.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES:
We may also obtain personal data from our hotels and from our third party service providers (such as information relating to the credit of guests) and from public sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site where we believe that it is necessary to help manage our relationship with you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the below purposes:
FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU, in order to:
• process, confirm, provide and charge for hotel arrangements and restaurant reservations and our goods and services, and administer mobile (where applicable) and in person check in and check out;
• fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers and your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs);
• provide you with access to the content on our Site, and respond to your enquiries and requests for information and services; and
• administer, and disclose the winner of, contests and lucky draw competitions conducted by us or on our behalf.
FOR OUR LEGITIMATE COMMERCIAL INTERESTS, in order to:
• understand how our products and services impact you, provide you with a better, more personalised level of service, and further develop our products and services, including linking or combining with information we get from others to do so;
• provide privileges, benefits and services to you, process applications for and administer membership programs, verify and validate your ability to access and use certain products, services and information, and administer points and rewards redemption;
• monitor your use of our Site and your bookings, and conduct analysis of the use of our Site in order to operate, evaluate and improve our Site and our services, understand your preferences, display customised content to you on our Site which may be of interest to you and troubleshoot any problems;
• conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys to improve our hotels, resorts and services; and
• provide for the safety and security of guests.
COMPLY WITH LEGAL OBLIGATIONS TO WHICH WE ARE SUBJECT TO:
• meet legal and regulatory requirements and administer general record keeping.
USE OF INFORMATION BASED ON YOUR CONSENT:
• facilitate direct marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, including sending you promotional communications (including without limitation emails and push notifications) or special offers if you have consented to receive the same. Please see section “Direct Marketing” below;
• we may use special categories of data (e.g. health data). But we will only do so if we have received your consent thereto; and
• for any other purposes for which we have your consent.
In order to register with our mobile application, make an online hotel reservation, you make an enquiry, you must provide us with the personal data marked with an asterisk or otherwise indicated as mandatory, otherwise we may not be able to process your request or comply with our legal obligations.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
We may use carefully selected third parties to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage cloud service providers, IT service providers and other third parties to provide concierge services, housekeeping and laundry services, marketing, advertising, communications, to personalize and optimize our service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our services), and to provide legal, accounting, insurance, audit and other professional services. While providing such services, these third parties may have access to your personal information.
We may share your personal information with selected business partners in sectors including travel, entertainment, lifestyle, and other industries to enable our guests to avail special offers. For example, our partnership with our airline partner enables our guests to earn miles for every stay, as well as benefit from exclusive special offers. You may find more information about our partners by visiting our website.
Where required or permitted by law, personal information may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
We may share to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may share with government or regulatory request to comply with any court order, law or legal process
We may share with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our guests or others.
OVERSEAS TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be transferred to, and stored at, locations in Mirage Bab Al Bahr Beach Resort & Hotel and in the location of the hotel in which you stay or visit. It will also be accessed and processed by our personnel and the personnel of our partners, affiliates and third party service providers, who operate outside United Arab Emirates. Your personal data will only be transferred to locations outside of United Arab Emirates where we are satisfied that adequate or comparable levels of protection are in place to protect personal data held in that jurisdiction, and (where we are required to do so) with your consent.
When personal data is transferred from the EU to outside the EU, we use Model Clauses, so ensuring that such data transfers are compliance with applicable privacy legislation.
From time to time, we would like to use your name, email address, mobile phone number, and other relevant contact information to send you either via emails, SMS messages, telephone calls, push notifications, post, or social media (e.g. WeChat and Facebook) information that we think may be of interest to you, including about our hotels, products and services, news about our membership programs), satisfaction surveys, events, offers and promotions, but we can only do so with your consent.
We would also like to share (for gain) such data with the operator of the hotel or hub of hotels in which you stay or visit and with selected third party entities, so that they may send you information, news updates, special events, offers and promotions as regards their products and services, including travel, transportation, retail, food and beverage, hotel accommodation, credit cards, financial and investment services, real estate, entertainment, publications, fashion and jewellery, leisure and sports, health and wellness, non-profit and charitable activities, telecommunications, social networking, media and public relations, but we will not use your personal data for direct marketing without your consent.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications or contacting Mirage Bab Al Bahr Beach Resort & Hotel. If you opt out of these communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, unless we are prohibited from doing so by applicable laws.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We have in place reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of your personal data and to keep your personal data confidential. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. To protect your personal data, we also require our third party service providers to take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data confidential and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of personal data, and to act at all times in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We cannot guarantee that our Site will function faultless and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
CHILDREN AND MINORS
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If you are a minor, you may only use our Site and services with the permission of your parent or guardian.
If you are in the EU, our online services are not directed at children under the age of 12. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 12, please contact us so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are at least 12 but under the age of 16, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before giving us any personal data about yourself.
THIRD PARTY SITES
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTACT US
You are entitled to the following rights: right of access to the personal data we hold about you, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your personal right to data portability. Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant these rights within one (1) month. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our processing of your personal data, at any time, and you may in certain circumstances ask us to delete your personal data. However, we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your personal data entirely. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our data protection officer by email at email@example.com